Is your vehicle ready for summer traveling?
Planning on traveling by car this summer? While you’re getting everything ready, don’t forget about making sure your vehicle is up for the task. Your safety is definitely worth the extra effort you’ll need to take to make sure your vehicle is vacation-ready. Plan to bring your vehicle in for an oil change and other recommended maintenance at least one week before you plan to leave. That way any problems can be fixed in plenty of time for your departure.
If you had an oil change done at Shade Tree Garage within the past month, here are some things you can check in advance of your trip:
- The levels and condition of all vital fluids – Check the engine oil along with the transmission, radiator, power steering and brake fluids. It’s also a good idea to check the level of and top off the windshield wiper fluid.
- Tires – Check the air pressure in your tires (don’t forget the spare!) and add air, if necessary. While you’re checking the air pressure, make sure there’s enough tread on the tires and that they don’t show any bulging or cracking. If you need new tires, give us a call. We can help you select the best tires for your vehicle and budget.
- Replace the wiper blades (if they haven’t been changed recently).
- Car air conditioner – Is your car’s air conditioner not working properly? Click here to read about why it may not be working and then schedule an appointment with Shade Tree Garage.
- Pack an Emergency Road Kit – Even with all the pre-planning, vehicle breakdowns sometimes occur; usually at the least favorable time. A good Emergency Road Kit should include jumper cables, a first-aid kit, flares, and a flashlight.
We hope you enjoy your summer vacation!
Need to schedule your pre-trip vehicle service? Click here to make an appointment with Shade Tree Garage in Morristown, New Jersey.
Powered by WPeMatico